TRADE FINANCE OPERATIONS SYNDICATION AND INSURANCE
- Improve the risk,
- Leverage the volume of business,
- Increase the profitability of operations.
Banking Syndication :
- Mutualize our risks with large international banks allowing not only an improvement of the risk and a better profitability but also a commercial policy of reciprocity,
- Leverage the volume of business by syndicating operations,
- Develop deposits collection linked to risk sharing.
- Optimize the management of credit lines (counterparts and countries) by using insurance coverage policies written with the private or specialized insurers,
- Leverage the volume of business by underwriting insurance policies,
- Rebalance our limits if needed based on past experience.
Syndication and Insurance of trade finance transactions is a business line that has continued to show very satisfactory growth and whose role within the bank increased over the past years. And it has done so with one constant concern: to observe the internal and regulatory constraints of prudential risk management. Moreover, the number of counterparties involved in transactions grew to nearly 98.
Similarly, the number of Master Risk Participation Agreements – MRPAs signed to facilitate the realization of transactions rose to more than 197 at end-2019.
UBAF has thus become a recognized and frequent participant in the secondary market for trade finance transactions.